Kampeersafari Chobe-Moremi Botswana 7 dagen
Deze kampeersafari met maximaal 9 personen door Chobe en Moremi wordt begeleid door lokale Engels sprekende gidsen. U slaapt in vrij ruime koepeltenten met eigen ‘badkamer’ midden in de bush. De kampeersafari is volledig verzorgd, de staff kookt, zet uw tent op en breek hem weer af. U hoeft alleen maar te genieten.
This safari is perfect for those wishing to visit the best wilderness areas in Botswana in very comfortable mobile camping safari style. Starting in Maun and ending in Kasane.
The Fully Serviced Safari is a non-participation safari, where the safari team will carry out all the necessary camp chores to keep the safari running smoothly. So all camp set-up and cooking are carried out by our teams. There is one guide (and on selected departures an interpreter) with the guests at all times and a backup team (camp assistants/chefs) in a backup vehicle setting up and breaking camps, cooking meals, etc.
The tents are large (3mx3m) canvas dome tents with camp beds and bedding provided. Each tent has an ensuite bush toilet and shower.
The maximum number of guests per vehicle is 9 ensuring that everyone gets a window seat.
All soft drinks, mineral water and local alcohols are included.
- 2 nights Moremi / Khwai
- Mokoro excursion
- 2 nights Savuti in Chobe National Park
- 2 nights Chobe Floodplain in Chobe National Park
- River cruise on the Chobe River
Hoogtepunten: met 2 nights Moremi / Khwai | Mokoro excursion | 2 nights Savuti in Chobe National Park | 2 nights Chobe Floodplain in Chobe National Park | River cruise on the Chobe River
Please note: As the safari starts at 07h30 on Day 1 you will need to pre-night in Maun. We can assist with pre-safari arrangements.
An optional scenic flight over the Delta is available, but due to time constraints will have to be done on the day of your arrival, before the safari starts. If you are interested in doing this activity, please confirm with your guide when arriving.
Day 1: Moremi / Khwai – 15o km / 6 uur incl. game drive
Your guide will meet you at 07h30 at a pre-arranged meeting point in Maun. From Maun you will drive through to Moremi / Khwai, one of the best wilderness areas of Botswana which covers swamp and dry areas. The next two days will be spent searching for the wide variety of wildlife and birds that this area is renowned for while absorbing the sounds and beauty of this region. Game drives in the early morning as the sun rises and in the late afternoon as the sun sets will be the norm.
Camping will be in private designated campsites with ensuite bush ablutions on every tent. (L, D)
Day 2: Moremi / Khwai
Game drives to explore the region surrounding the Khwai river (North-east Moremi / Khwai Concession). A mokoro excursion will take you along a tributary of the Khwai River to view game from another perspective and to experience this tranquil mode of transport. (B, L, D)
Day 3: Savuti/Zwezwe – Chobe National Park – 120 km /5-6 uur
Chobe National Park, with its diverse and striking landscapes, will be your next destination. As you continue your search for wildlife, you will traverse the drier region of Savuti where bull elephants dot the plains. Savuti is very well known for its predators such as lion, leopard, cheetah and even African wild dog. The Savuti Channel has started flowing again after being dry for the last 30 years. The arrival of water is changing the landscape as well as accommodating different species which historically have not been able to survive in the rather arid plains of Savuti. This exciting event has allowed large breeding herds of elephant as well as buffalo to visit the area. Camping will be in private designated campsites with ensuite bush ablutions on every tent. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Savuti/Zwezwe – Chobe National Park
Game drives to explore Southern Chobe National Park (Savute / ZweiZwei). (B, L, D)
Day 5: Chobe floodplain – Chobe National Park – 170 km / 5 uur
You will then head northwards to the Chobe River where your game drives will meander along the banks of the river, followed by the call of the majestic African Fish Eagle. The Chobe River Floodplain is an amazing game viewing area where water attracts large herds of buffalo, elephant, zebra and other herbivors. Due to the proliferation of prey, predators are likely to be close at hand. Sun sets in this region as always spectacular and allow amazing photographic opportunities.
Camping will be in private designated campsites with ensuite bush ablutions on every tent. (B, L, D)
Day 6: Chobe floodplain – Chobe National Park
Game drives to explore Northern Chobe and floodplain. (B, L, D)
Day 7: Kasane – 30 km – 1,5 uur
The safari officially ends at 12h00 on Day 7 at Kalahari Tours, Kasane after a cruise on the Chobe River. This experience allows you to get a closer look at the aquatic animals and birds not easily approached on safari. Lunch will be available at your own cost once back in Kasane.
For guests going to Kasane Airport or surrounding lodges, Livingstone or Victoria Falls your transfer pick-up can be arranged from 12h15 from Kalahari Tours. If you are staying in one of local Kasane’s lodges, your guide will be able to drop you off.
We are happy to arrange any post-tour accommodation, activities and transfers to Livingstone airport or lodges, and Victoria Falls airport or lodges at an additional cost. (B)
Low Season: USD 2,540 per person sharing High Season: USD 2,695 per person sharing
Safari Dates 2020 SEASON BWFS 2003 24-Mar – 30-Mar Low BWFS 2005 07-Apr – 13-Apr Low BWFS 2007 28-Apr – 04-May Low BWFS 2009 19-May – 25-May Low BWFS 2011 02-Jun – 08-Jun Low BWFS 2013 16-Jun – 22-Jun Low BWFS 2015 07-Jul – 13-Jul High BWFS 2017 21-Jul – 27-Jul High BWFS 2019 04-Aug – 10-Aug High BWFS 2021 18-Aug – 24-Aug High BWFS 2023 01-Sep – 07-Sep High BWFS 2025 15-Sep – 21-Sep High BWFS 2027 29-Sep – 05-Oct High BWFS 2029 13-Oct – 19-Oct High BWFS 2031 27-Oct – 02-Nov High BWFS 2033 10-Nov – 16-Nov Low BWFS 2035 08-Dec – 14-Dec Low
CODE Safari Dates 2020 SEASON BWFS 2002 09-Mar – 15-Mar Low BWFS 2004 30-Mar – 05-Apr Low BWFS 2006 13-Apr – 19-Apr Low BWFS 2008 04-May – 10-May Low BWFS 2010 25-May – 31-May Low BWFS 2012 08-Jun – 14-Jun Low BWFS 2014 22-Jun – 28-Jun Low BWFS 2016 13-Jul – 19-Jul High BWFS 2018 27-Jul – 02-Aug High BWFS 2020 10-Aug – 16-Aug High BWFS 2022 24-Aug – 30-Aug High BWFS 2024 07-Sep – 13-Sep High BWFS 2026 21-Sep – 27-Sep High BWFS 2028 05-Oct – 11-Oct High BWFS 2030 19-Oct – 25-Oct High BWFS 2032 02-Nov – 08-Nov Low BWFS 2034 16-Nov – 22-Nov Low BWFS 2036 14-Dec – 20-Dec Low
Low Season: USD 2,540 per person sharing
High Season: USD 2,695 per person sharing
Informatie over de accommodaties
Camping safari where all camp chores are carried out by our teams. There is one guide with the guests at all times and a backup team (chef + camp assistants) in a backup vehicle setting up and breaking camps, cooking meals, etc.
Very spacious tents (3m x 3m x 1.95m) with bedrolls and bedding included and ensuite private bush ablutions (shower, toilet, toiletry stand) with direct access from the tent. All drinks included (soft, local alcoholic drinks, still water).
All transfers and game drives are done in our own custom-built safari vehicles with custom built trailers – one backup vehicle specifically dedicated to setting-up/packing the camp.
- Side perspex windows: usually completely removed and stored at the back for best game viewing, can be slid on each side if it is chilly or rainy.
- Canvas roof and front windscreen can unfold for optimum viewing opportunities.
- Four rows at the back that could fit 16 pax but we limit the maximum to 9 pax for Fully Serviced safaris offering great comfort and viewing opportunities, guaranteeing a window seat to all guests.
- A fridge under the front row to enjoy cool drinks at all times and there is a power point to recharge camera batteries during the safari.
- A multiple powerpoint to easily recharge batteries during the safari.
- No separation between the driver who is the guide and his passengers, therefore, a constant flow of communication to get the greatest experience in these wild environments and learn as much as possible about the places, fauna and flora.
- For breakfast, we provide cereals, bread, rusks, yoghurt, fruit salad, cold cuts, cheese, tea, coffee, milk, jams and butter.
- Lunches feature a variety of salads changing every day that can include: tuna salad, couscous salad, rice salad, pasta salad, etc. along with cold cuts cheese and bread.
- For dinner, we cook everything on the fire and guests enjoy barbecues, stews, stir-frys, with a selection of red meat or chicken, vegetables and carbohydrates. Small treats are offered as desserts every evening.
If you have special dietary requirements, please inform us during the booking so we can advise you accordingly.
On a Fully Serviced camping safari, drinks are included. This includes bottled water, soft drinks, local alcohol. Tea and coffee provided at camp.
- Beste reistijd: zie vertrekdata, hoogseizoen van juli-oktober
- Eenpersoonskamer: kamertoeslag op aanvraag
- Kinderen t/m 11 jaar op zelfde kamer als de ouders / vanaf 12 jaar worden in Zuidelijk Afrika als volwassene gerekend. Prijs op aanvraag.
- Camping equipment (spacious bow tents with camp bed and full bedding with ensuite bush ablutions),
- all transfers and activities as per the itinerary,
- all meals that are indicated (B – breakfast, L –lunch, D – dinner),
- filtered drinking water, tea/coffees, soft drinks, local alcohols, mineral water,
- services of a Professional Guide, Camp Chef and an Assistant,
- all Botswana park fees for activities included on itinerary
- and transport in specialised safari vehicles.
- administratie- en reserveringskosten
- SGR-garantie (zie www.sgr.nl)
- bijdrage aan Afrikaya Trust
- Intercontinentale vlucht
- stoelkeuze vliegtuig of upgrade (economy, economy comfort/premium, business of first class)
- airport transfers
- overige maaltijden en dranken
- optional excursions at the lodges (scenic flight over the Delta, activities in Victoria Falls, game drives, fishing etc)
- any increase in National Park fees.
- vertrek van Düsseldorf, Brussel, Frankfurt,…
- verlenging: op aanvraag
- reisverzekering: op aanvraag
- annuleringsverzekering: op aanvraag
Kijk op Trustpilot voor ervaringen van onze klanten.
Heeft u interesse in deze reis? Aarzel dan niet en vraag een vrijblijvende offerte aan via het formulier. Wij zullen hierna contact met u opnemen om uw wensen te bespreken.
Wij hebben een ervaren team, volledig gespecialiseerd in reizen naar Afrika. Ook leveren we maatwerk, waarbij een reis volledig naar uw wensen wordt samengesteld. Neem hiervoor contact op via onderstaande gegevens.
Hulp nodig of advies op maat voor uw droomreis naar Afrika?
De specialisten van Afrikaya Tours staan klaar om u te helpen!